Friday, July 3, 2009

Jilly's Trek 5500 Now On Sale

One spin on this bike, and I ask myself, why is she selling it. Compared to my 2100, this 5500 is a rocket. It probably is a combination of lightness, stiffness, and drivetrain. Duh!

The 56cm frame is just a bit cramped but not at all uncomfortable. This bike has a dream ride compared to my 2100. The bumps just melt away.

The JillyTrek has a 52/39 DuraAce crankset, and the arms are a shorter 172.5mm compared to my Bontrager 50/36 compact with 175mm crankarms. So, when I step on it, the bike really shoots ahead.

Joe Dadez and I did some basic clean-up of the bike. I had a nice Bontrager saddle, and we installed new cables and cool carbon fiber lookin housings and retaped the handlebars black. I also added a nice Bontrager black bottle rack with black bolts.

The DuraAce gruppo feels more positive than the Ultegra on my 2100, and the Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels are light and tough. But the paintjob on this bike is really cool. It was done by Metal Specialties with a mirage dual tint metalic paint that changes color in the light from green to purple.

This is also the first time I've ridden a bike with real aero bars, and it is slick feeling like Lance or Levi in the TTTuck.

All in all, this is bike will bring a lot of smiles to someone for a Mille Cent.

No comments: