Monday, November 7, 2011

Early Monday Morning

Riding at 8:30 AM on Monday in early November is early for me (period). But Jilly used here charms to draw me out into the cool morning and the prospect of more gravel roads.

We’ve had very windy days of late, but today was still and crisp. I gently pressed the big BMX pedals on my Trek 760 happy I had gone back for my down gloves.

We met along Becker School Road and headed west along Loran to Maple Grove Road. We turned and rolled south to Butts Road and followed that west across Route 73 to Lott Road. Then, we were north on Lott to Walgren and east through Pearl City following Block Road back to Maple Grove, Loran, and Becker School Roads.

This morning, the gravel roads were kind to our skinny tires. The harvest field equipment and grain trucks have flattened them down. Now, let’s hope the township road commissioners leave them as is until spring.

No comments: